Friday 24 April 2015

Finished Media Product

Final Media Product

This is my final media product. I named it 'Sempiternal' because the meaning of the word sempiternal means eternal and unchanging, which describes the multi-verse and cyclical  nature of the protagonist and antagonists conflict with one another.

I decided to post my media film on Youtube as I feel that if this is were a real media product, a trailer of a kind would be posted to Youtube, so to add authenticity, I decided to post my product there also. I also posted links to my personal Facebook and Twitter account as again, If it were a real media product, the trailer would be posted on the actor/actresses personal accounts, as well as a twitter account dedicated to the film solely, so following example of major film companies and major actors/actresses and decided to post my product online. I feel that this is also a good way to get unbiased feedback from people I don't know, so the comments are more genuine.

I received feedback from both people that I showed both in personal, and tweets to my twitter account. Tom Mehegan described my film as "Disturbing" and specifically referred to my antagonists' monologue in the climax of my product, which I was particularly happy with as that was the reaction I was looking for in this character. I also had a comment from Laura Kidd saying that "I was genuinely worried for the character"  which was also the reaction I was hoping for in this character, as I wanted to give the audience the impression that this character was actually a victim, so later it would've provided more of a twist when it would've been revealed that he was a murderer. A follower of mine on twitter said to me "It was good, but a little slow at the start." and I see this as constructive as I agree, and I hoped I could've started the antagonising sooner, but I felt the time taken was justified in that for the character, it needed the time it took to show the audience the normal side of this character, and therefore I don't feel I could've made the start a faster pace, and the parts previously I thought slowed it down further, I had already cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment