Wednesday 15 April 2015

Evaluation Continued (2)

What kind of media institution would market your product and why?

Distribution Companies and strategies

Upon extensive research on both major and independent production and film companies into who would be most likely and best suited to distribute my film, I've decided that Film4 and Channel 4 would be most suitable in broadcasting and promoting my product as I feel that they are extensively invested in independent British films, and I feel my product would interest them.

Channel 4

www.channel4.com
www.film4.com
Channel 4 is a publisher broadcaster, that owns may sub-channels including E4, Film4, More4 and 4Music. Most importantly Film4 as it is a British film company that invests in small British films, and enables them the opportunity to grow and become successful, also Film4 frequently show films of the thriller genre as they are very popular over a wide audience, including my young, typically male demographic to which my thriller film is aimed at. Also Channel 4 would be able to promote it on their own channels, which would serve useful due to the popularity across all of their channels, in order to try and gain publicity for my film.

Cinema

A multiplex refers to any movie theatre that has more than three screens. The larger of these complex are often referred to as a megaplex. Examples of these are Odeon, Vue and Cineworld. I would have my film showed in these multi/megaplexes as well as independent cinemas across Britain, i feel this would be the best way for my film to gain as much publicity and popularity as possible, and then depending on the success, i would try and take it to America and across Europe. Before distributing my product across cinemas, I would follow in the footsteps of Crime-Thriller 'Drive' and take it film festivals like Toronto, Cannes etc. in an attempt to gain more popularity before its cinema premiere.

Advertising

the dark knight risesAdvertising and promotion are of paramount importance in the success of any film, and are essential for creating the publicity needed to make a film a hit. There are a multitude of ways film companies promote their products, and more recently, social networking is quickly becoming the most popular form, in making Facebook pages and Twitter accounts to reach their audience in a way that's most common and popular with them, using this is adapting to the consumers ease, which will act as an effective way of communicating with them. The more obvious and common ways I will promote my product will be through trailers and television adverts to give the audience a taste of what they will be getting should they see my film, as well as all the information including release dates and where my film will be available. 

A campaign that took an even further route in advertising is the form in which 'The Dark Knight' was promoted. There was a television feature aired on ITV, showing how the film was made which made the target audience even more excited and gain even more publicity, and it also had its own website. http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/dvd/



















No comments:

Post a Comment