Saturday 28 March 2015

Casting & Costume

Costume

The two characters I used in the film are dressed in a very specific way. I wanted the protagonist and antagonist to be polar opposites but exactly the same. This was so the audiences could begin to draw comparisons between the two characters and I wanted that the subtly begin at the very start of the film, at the beginning in my opening sequence. 

I decided that I would cast Alex Coburn for my leading role, He is 18 and I chose him because he has a good look for the character persona I wanted to portray as an average middle class citizen. I also know he has experience doing media studies and has featured in other media films, so I felt he could offer valuable advice. So with this in mind, I decided i wanted my protagonist to be wearing smart 'work' wear, wearing a shirt and tie with tailored trousers.

I decided I would play the antagonist in my film. I decided this because I had a very specific image of how i wanted this character to be played, and i felt that i could mould how I wanted the character to my imagination. For my antagonist, I wanted the costume to be similar, but very different at the same time, and therefore I decided to keep with the suit and tie theme, but present him in a much more unstable, unkempt way to our protagonist, so it's similar, but very different at the same time.

I chose subtle differences like the colour of ties just to symbolise their similarities and differences, and after all the two will discover throughout the entirety of the film, it's the subtle differences like these that actually mean more than they presently realise.

No comments:

Post a Comment