Monday 30 March 2015

Location

Location

My film is based around the normality of the protagonist, and my opening hinges on the audience believing that the protagonist is an ordinary citizen, that lives in a normal suburban neighbourhood, with a normal job. So to do this, the location i had to use would've had have been just as normal, and that's why we used main actor Alex Coburns' home as our setting. He lives in a middle-class house in a suburban area and so it fits perfectly within the narrative in my piece.

With the main character being in his own home, his actions around the house also looked more natural and comfortable, which if he were somewhere else, I don't think he'd have been as comfortable and that would've reflected on my film, and that's another reason why I chose to film here, it helps sell the ideal that this character is just another regular citizen, and it's selling this that will help provide more of a twist that would come in the latter stages of the entire film.

No comments:

Post a Comment